We are looking for a competent Security Operation manager to organize and oversee all security operations of our company. Security personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards.
As security manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. Since you will have a number of people under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills.
The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
Security Operations Manager Job Description
- Recruit, orient, and train security personnel on appropriate security rules and procedures
- Develop and enforce security protocols, policies, and procedures necessary for safeguarding lives and property
- Prepare and control the budget for security operations to ensure delivery of high quality security services
- Oversee the coordination of staff during an emergency situation
- Assign guard duties to security personnel to ensure effective distribution of workload
- Keep track of incidents in order to evaluate them and recommend a course of action
- Oversee the installation of safety alarms within and around building premises
- Schedule shift patrol to ensure all sites are guarded at all times
- Implement safety and health policies and procedures to protect employees against workplace hazard
- Develop and manage the processes for securing classified and sensitive information
- Set up key controls on company equipment and facility to limit access to restricted property
- Order the supply of security tools and equipment required in carrying out security operations
- Prepare and present reports of incidents and ways to limit reoccurrence
- Liaise with public law enforcement agencies and fire department
- Oversee the planning and coordination of security operations during high-risk events.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Security Operations Manager Job
Education and Training:
- High school diploma and relevant experience in a law enforcement field.
- A Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, public administration, or in a related course is often required by some employers.
- Special training programs in senior security management provides a competitive edge in securing a security operations manager position
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable
- High school diploma; Further education in security administration or similar field will be an asset
- To be able to coordinate and direct the security operations of an organization to ensure the safety of lives and property
- Adept at communicating the security requirements of an organization to security personnel
- To be able to work with a team of security officers to ensure protection of a property
To be hired into this position, you may be required to take and pass employment tests like personality test and situational judgment test.
Apply online through our website or send your application to [email protected]